Monday, February 17, 2014

Top 10s for February!

Some things I am LOVING right now:


1. Leather Leggings


Love, love, love leather leggings right now!  Here are some of my favorite celebs rocking them and me wearing my own pair from OBVI boutique (owned by my fabulous friend, Antoinette).


2. Pointy-toed heels


These are back in a BIG way.  I got rid of the many pairs I had a few years ago because I was sure the rounded toe was here to stay.  Well I have to say, these days I prefer the pointy over the rounded, they are much more chic and modern.  And I know it's crazy to say that a shoe has a "slimming" affect, but for some reason, I really think they do!  Here are some of my picks:


Coppertina by Kristin Cavalleri for Chinese Laundry (pink)
BCBG d'Orsay Pump (leopard and red)




3. Rompers & Jumpsuits


I know these have been around for a few seasons, and I've always liked them, but I think there are a variety of colors, styles and lengths for all body types and personalities right now.  My favorite is the classic black pants or shorts romper, although I've been having a difficult time finding a good one!

Khloe K's look is my ultimate favorite!

 Love these short styles for summer or a night out.



4. Crop Tops

If you think the modern crop top is just for teens and twenty somethings, you're wrong!  This style, when done in the right way, gives a subtle sexy and high fashion vibe to your outfit.  And they aren't just for skinny-minis either.  We're not talking whole stomach exposure, but just a hint of skin showing where top meets bottom.  I have been dying to try one myself, but have been hesitant.  Since I am hitting up Atlantic City for a bachelorette this weekend, it might just be my time!

Love these celeb looks:


      My kind of crop top:                                                                Vanessa Hudgens looks flawless here:


5. Leopard and Lace

These are two textures that will never go out of style for me.  They have been a staple in my wardrobe for quite a long time now and I can't see myself giving them up anytime soon!  I think they are classy and can be dressed up or down.  They are my go to to spice up any outfit.






6. Chevron Everything!

I know some people are way over chevron after its overkill in the last year or so, but not me.  I love this pattern so much I have incorporated into every aspect of my life: classroom, house, wardrobe, phone case, you name it!  I really just love all accent patterns (stripes, polk-dots, ikat) and think they can show the playful, girly (and very chic) vibe of your personality in subtle ways.






7. Monograms

I am kind of obsessed with my name and my initials.  I will buy anything with my name or initial on it.  I just think it makes it more personable and gives it more character.  I love writing initials on anything as well (hence the various items in my Etsy shop).  They never go out of style!

CWonder sweater, bracelets, and bags
Anthropologie Initial Mugs
MGram phone case
Necklaces both from Etsy







8. Brights

I LOVE bright colors and think they are a great way to make a statement.  I am known for wearing LOTS of black, but that's because I love to brighten it up with a pop of color (yellow, hot pink, electric blue, orange).  I am loving all the neon out now and can't get enough of it.  


Look at these amazing new sneakers the boyfriend got me for v-day:
LOVE!



Some other fun colorful finds:









9. Nudes

I love everything nude because it is oh so classy and goes with EVERYTHING!  My favorites right now are nude lips, nude nails, and always a classic - nude heels!

My favorite nude lip combo:
MAC lip liner in Subculture, lipstick in Creme d'Nude, and cremesheen lipgloss in Boy Bait






10. Style icon:

Kristin Cavalleri

She has such amazing style, even when prego!  I love everything she wears and she always looks great.

Check her out, she's wearing all my faves: leather leggings, pointy heels, and all black!








No comments:

Post a Comment