Thursday, March 20, 2014

Top 10s for March ~ Beauty Edition!

I decided to change it up a bit this month and focus just on beauty products.  There are so many great ones out there and I've been through a fair share of trial and error, so I thought I'd share with my fellow beauty bums!

Top 10 Beauty Products:


1. Victoria's Secret Bronze Shimmer Body Powder

This stuff is like a brush-on tan, and who doesn't want that?!  You can literally put it anywhere: face, arms, collarbone, shoulders, etc.  It gives you the perfect sun kissed  look anytime of year!  It looks especially amazing over your natural summer sun kissed look.  I purchased this for the first time years ago and I have continued to use it ever since.  



2. LUSH Lip Scrub


I don't know about you, but my lips get extra dry and rough this time of year.  This lip scrub gives you fresh, smooth lips in seconds.  All you do is rub a little on and viola!  Lips like new :)  As a plus, it's edible and tastes delicious.  It also comes in many other flavors.

3. BlowPro Faux Dry Shampoo

I have been searching for the perfect dry shampoo for awhile now to keep me from having to wash my hair every single day before work.  I stumbled across this when I got a blowout in the summer, and I just had to purchase it.  It gave my hair that fresh, just washed look instantly...no grease, no white residue, no weird smell.  The best part is is that it's a powder so it blends in easily and is not sticky at all.  This tiny bottle lasts FORever too.  This is definitely the best dry shampoo I've ever used and has become a regular tool for me a few times a week on those tough to get up mornings!


4. Olay Wet Cleansing Cloths

These are part of my nightly bedtime routine.  This is the only thing I use to clean my face at night, and they work fabulous.  Instead of getting all wet and messy, you simply just wipe your face with one of these and you are dirt and makeup free!  They are also great as a quick refresher after a day at the beach  or a workout at the gym.  They are great for on the go!



5. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick

This has been my go to "chapstick" for a few years now, and it's a little known gem to many.  I discovered this from my good friend Jen and have used it ever since.  It is larger than a normal chapstick and looks a bit like a glue stick, but the size makes it last even longer.  It leaves my lips perfectly hydrated throughout the day and nice and smooth before applying lipstick or gloss.  It can also be used on other rough/dry spots on your face, such as your nose.  It is rich in Vitamin E so it really works to keep lips permanently healthy and not just for a temporary fix.  It can be tough to find to purchase, but CVS usually sells it with other Palmer's products.


6. Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium Straightener

After years of trying every straightener out there, my best friend, who also happens to be a hairdresser, introduced me to this one.  It is a little pricey (@$139.99), but it is worth every penny.  I found myself having to replace other straighteners every 6 months or so (sometimes even sooner!), after several uses and drops.  I have now had this one for going on 3 years and it works just as well as day 1.  The temperature reaches a scorching 450 degrees, so you have to be careful not to burn yourself or your hair.  To keep hair healthy, I recommend not going above 350.  I use this daily, and it keeps my hair looking salon fresh!


7. CoverGirl Lashblast Mascara

Yep, you read that right, CoverGirl.  The go to brand from when you were a teenager and wanted so desperately to wear make-up.  The brand they sell at the good ol' supermarket and drug store.  The brand that's only a mere $7.99!  This is the only mascara I have found that: 1. stays on, 2. actually looks like I'm wearing mascara, 3. doesn't clump, 4. you can layer multiple coats for a darker, fuller look.  They have many different varieties (lengthening, volumizing, waterproof), but my favorite is just the original in the orange tube.  This stuff also lasts a long time and doesn't get dried out in the tube.



8. MAC Brow Pencil

This brow pencil is so thin and more like a crayon than a pencil, that you can't tell you have anything on your brows.  Which is what everyone wants, right?  To look fresh and beautiful without actually looking like you have lots of make up on?  I use this to first outline my brows and then lightly fill them in.  It gives you defined brows that can change your whole face.  I never started defining my brows with a pencil until about two years ago, and now I won't leave home without them!  It literally gives you such a polished, awake, noticeable look.  If I don't put on any other makeup, I always still do my brows!  Don't be afraid to try it!



9. MAC Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden

My FAVORITE bronzer.  I am a girl of summer and would pay outrageous amounts of money to have a tan all year long.  This bronzing powder gives you a little summer color in your face when you need it.  You can just use it to ad a little glow (forehead and cheeks), or sometimes I brush it lightly all over when I'm feeling especially pale (like in the dead of January).  It has a subtle sparkle that catches the light and makes your whole face look illuminated.  Love pusing this for healthy glow when I can't get the natural sun!

10. MAC Cremesheen Lipgloss in Fashion Scoop

I know, another MAC product.  I can't help it.  Everything I have ever used of theirs I've fallen in love with.  Many people are deceived into thinking they are uber-expensive, but it's not true.  They are completely affordable, last, and totally worth it.  Plus, every time I need a few things (which always seem to run out all at once), I go the store and ask them to try some products on me.  This is how I learn how to apply products and what looks good on me.  They will do it for you and you have to spend $50 in return.  My favorite lip gloss is their Cremesheen Lipgloss, which comes in lots of different shades.  It is light, non-sticky, and smells delicious!  My go to shade is Fashion Scoop, a light sheer pink.  It goes with any outfit and is great for just a tiny little hint of color.  I put it on for work, going out, running errands, etc.  When I want a darker lip, I just apply lip liner first or layer it over a light lipstick.  I have gotten so many compliments and questions about this color and have converted many people over to it.  I always have one on hand (sometimes two) so that I am never without!




Hope you enjoy my beauty top 10s, and hope you try some of them out!  Let me know if you do and what you think!

xoxo
Lauren







1 comment:

  1. Great pics Laur! I totally agree with you about MAC cosmetics- they're def on the lower end price wise compared to the other high end cosmetics brand, plus their color selection can't be beat! Keep up the great work! xo

    ReplyDelete